The benefits for a Mental Health Service that desists from Force:
- Diminished threat of violence towards staff.
- Improved relations between patients and staff, establishing trust and mutual respect.
- Better working conditions.
- Conducive conditions for a healing environment.
- Improved mental health and emotional well-being for patients and staff.
- Increased recovery rates.
- A willingness by those who have been on the receiving end to re-engage with mental health services.
- Reduced stigma associated with psychiatric treatment.
- The fostering of ethical practice.
- Cessation of fatalities within mental health facilities.
- Reduction of suicides in the community and in Psychiatric Units.
- Radical shift from the negative image of a mental health system that controls, threatens, and abuses, to a
positive image - a mental health service that cares with compassion and treats with respect.
- A mental health service to be proud of, that acts as an example to rest of the world, and is fit for the 21st century.
- Adherence to, and compliance with, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.